Glass Pack® – Universal Water Filtration Media
Finely crushed recycled glass for pool, industrial,and environmental filtration that provides outstanding water clarity and quality – a direct replacement for sand or ZEOlite in both freshwater and saltwater pools. Glass Pack® media works with all sanitizers and sand filter platforms
Superior Water Filtration
- Cleaner, lighter weight, highly angular crushed recycled glass provides an amazing 25‰ improvement in turbidity removal over silica sand and is equivalent to ZEOlite.
- Crushed glass filtration media generally removes finer particles from water than silica sand of an equivalent grade, and is comparable to properly configured ZEOlite.
- Weak negative surface charge holds fine particles and positively charged iron and manganese ions that are easily released upon backwashing for well water pools with iron.
- Crushed glass filtration media is less likely to block or channel than silica sand or ZEOlite and will not support moss or fungus growth in the media as with sand and ZEOlite.
- Benefits and Data Sheet
Safer Water Filtration
- Glasspack® filters skin cells, blood cells and 70% of all bacteria such as coliform or ecoli. No need to “shock” or flocculate the pool as with sand or cartridge filters
- Glass Pack® contains no crystalline silica – resulting in better lung protection for employees and a far healthier environment. Silica is a TYPE I known aspirant carcinogen.
- Glass Pack® is manufactured from 100‰ recycled glass, sterilized and machined like sugar.
- Glass Pack® grains are amorphous, smooth particles that have higher attrition strength and do not permanently trap bacteria in cracks.
- Use of Glass Pack® filter media will lower your consumption of chlorine and coagulants. Coagulants and metal removers are not compatible with ZEOlite and are compatible with glass.
- Glass Pack media is superior to DE and it will change your life if you manage your own filter.
- ECOLI microbes avarege 9 microns and filter with glass media.
Lower Cost Water Filtration